Digital transformation: what it is, how to apply and why to join in
You have probably heard the term digital transformation, but do you know the real meaning and why it is a trend? In this article you will see what digital transformation is, what organizational areas host digital transformation processes, the impact of implementation of it on companies and an example of digital transformation.
Digital Transformation is about going beyond digitalization, without focusing on the conversion from analogue to digital and simplifying a company’s activity or operation, but through the use of technology to develop new practices and optimize processes.
Cloud, big data, artificial intelligence, internet of things, automation, design thinking… These are some of the technologies available on the market, but for which organizational sector should the implementation of these technological resources be aimed?
Digital Transformation Application
According to experts on the subject the change based on digital transformation, can be applied in three organizational fields:
Relationship (change the form of interaction). Business changes focuses on changing the way the company presents itself in the market or changing the way it responds to customers or buyers. Technology is used to transform the way a company interacts with its market – changing the purchase journey (sales and marketing disclosure) or the customer experience.
Operations (change the way you work). Business changes focuses on changing the way the company operates – its workflows, internal routines, systems, processes and infrastructure. This type of transformation involves the use of technology to transform a company’s performance, resulting in the optimization of operational resources.
Evolution (change who they are). The business changes focuses on changing the fundamental attributes of the company. It is about changing the company’s genetic code, brand, business model or offerings.
Although some sectors may have a greater need and appeal for digital transformation projects, it is important that the company as a whole is able to receive these projects and adapt to changes. In this sense, the organizational culture assumes great prominence since it is important for the company success of any digital transformation project that his culture has dynamic, highly adaptable and agile characteristics.
Why invest in digital transformation?
The economy is already digital
The digital economy continues to grow and gain strength. Unpublished data from the Retail Global Payments Report shows that mobile commerce (mCommerce) is expected to grow faster than any other channel globally by 2020.
With the high adhesion and demand, the need for constant investment in technology and digital tools that enables, facilitates and positively impacts digital transactions between company and client also grows. The digital transformation acts as an important ally of companies in the search to achieve these objectives.
The application of digital transformation requires investment, but in the medium and long term it is able to reduce operating expenses and generate profits, based on the increase in productivity and the enhancement of the company’s performance.
The use of technology in different areas can make the company as a whole more competitive, once the digital transformation process is successful, advantages over competitors will be acquired and the company will gain prominence in the market in which it operates. In addition, technology can provide support for the strategic decision-making process and make corporate decisions more assertive.
Digital transformation in practice
One of our Totaldocs customers previously used a printer to compose and deliver printed documents to his customers. With Totaldocs technology, in addition to making the delivery of documents digital and multichannel, we have developed a solution for controlling the production of documents and their delivery. As a result, our client also has control over the service provided by the printing company and monitors the production of the few documents that have yet to be printed. This solution also gave the customer the possibility to carry out quality control over the service that his supplier delivered.
In this way, with Totaldocs our client was able to:
– Have control over document composition processes
– Have control over document delivery processes
– Reduce the delivery time of documents to your customers
– Reduce printing expenses by more than 500%
– Generate profitability of over 558% over 5 years
– Generate positive socioenvironmental impacthttp://blog.totaldocs.com/en/2020/04/08/transformacao-digital-o-que-e-como-aplicar-e-porque-aderir/http://blog.totaldocs.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/9a683241cd6bf682eda7d4b25f4404d91303aa9c-1024x576.jpghttp://blog.totaldocs.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/9a683241cd6bf682eda7d4b25f4404d91303aa9c-150x150.jpgTotaldocsaderir,advantages,aplicações,apply,como aplicar,digital transformation,empresa,invest,investir,o que é,redução de custos,technology,tecnologia,transformação digital,vantagensYou have probably heard the term digital transformation, but do you know the real meaning and why it is a trend? In this article you will see what digital transformation is, what organizational areas host digital transformation processes, the impact of implementation of it on companies and an example...Totaldocs email@example.comAdministratorBlog Totaldocs